Put Your Art Into Action
SpeakArtLoud needs your help!
SpeakArtLoud is looking for images of original art that can help us to communicate the value of our work and portray the positive impact SpeakArtLoud will have on women and communities.
We are seeking two works of art – a “before” image and an “after” image – that visually express the change we can make in the world.
— Believe in our work
—– Feel inspired to help
——- Have creative energy
Then please read on!
The CXC site will soon be updated and “before” and “after” images will be used to help express the change SpeakArtLoud will make in the world.
- A “before” image may be a picture of women in shelter or on the streets, something that visually depicts women’s limited voice and opportunity
- An “after” image may be a smiling women holding up artwork or women gathered together, something that conveys the value of creativity and of raising women’s voice and supporting women’s vision
Community, Creativity & Support
Here is where you come in.
SpeakArtLoud is holding a contest. We are asking you, our friends and supporters, to participate and submit electronic images of your original art – “before” and “after” images – that visually express the value of our work.
***** Before *****
***** After *****
No way to express feelings
Isolated and alone
Confused, frightened, worried
Stressed and unwell
No one to talk to
Having your voice silenced
Women’s ideas absent in the community
No control over the future
A creative outlet for expression
Connecting with other women
At ease, relaxed, feeling safe
Sharing your ideas with others
Having your voice raised
Women’s ideas shared in the community
Stronger, healthier communities
Creating the future
The Contest Details
Please send submissions to SallyatSpeakArtLouddotOrg with “Art into Action” in the subject line by Monday, January 24th, 2011.
- submit either one image, a “before” or an “after”, or two images, both a “before” and an “after”
- include a short statement about yourself, your art and why you are participating in our contest
- images should be in a common digital format for web browsers (JPG, PNG, GIF ).
- by submitting images you are giving SpeakArtLoud permission to use your art work on the ChangeXChange site and on SpeakArtLoud’s blog (we will credit you on our blog).
Submissions will be reviewed by the SpeakArtLoud Board of Directors and a winner will be selected by the Board.
The winning submissions will be included on the ChangeXChange website, helping us to communicate SpeakArtLoud’s value and supporting our fundraising efforts.